Georgia’s CFW was passed by Sen. William T. Ligon, Jr. in 2015.
- Originally Sen. Ligon’s SB 116, it was merged with several other education bills as part of HB502 and became the law in the State of Georgia on July 1, 2015!
- Details of the law can be found here.
- Without a push by the education agency, it is very unlikely that many schools in Georgia are following this legislation, so your local citizen actions are critical to actually achieving the goal of Georgia children learning the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.
- Contact your local school district and ask them what they have planned for Celebrate Freedom Week and Constitution Day.
- Send them the link above for resources.
- Ask if they would allow you to find local veterans who could come speak in classes or assemblies about why they were willing to die for freedom and the American Constitutional principles. Then contact the local VFW and American Legion about the opportunity.
- Add comments and photos to this page about what your local school district is doing for Constitution Day and CFW.