HB 1776 was enacted by Representative Rick Green.
- HB 1776 Took effect September 1, 2001 and was later amended by HB 708 during the 80th session of the Texas legislature. The amendment changed Celebrate freedom week from the week of November 11 to the week of September 17 (Constitution Day).
- Without a push by the education agency, it is very unlikely that many schools in Arkansas are following this legislation, so your local citizen actions are critical to actually achieving the goal of Arkansas children learning the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.
- View the actual language of HB 1776 here.
- Contact your local school district and ask them what they have planned for Celebrate Freedom Week and Constitution Day
- Send them the link above for resources.
- Ask if they would allow you to find local veterans who could come speak in classes or assemblies about why they were willing to die for freedom and the American Constitutional principles. Then contact the local VFW and American Legion about the opportunity.
- Add comments and photos to this page about what your local school district is doing for Constitution Day and CFW.