No Celebrate Freedom Week legislation and none under consideration.
We have not found any Constitution Day links for the Connecticut Department of Education. If you are aware of any, please post them below.
- Contact Connecticut legislators and encourage them to pass Celebrate Freedom Week. Send them a copy of model legislation found here and use the sample contact letter found here but modify it in any way you like to make it more personal.
- Contact your local school district and ask them what they have planned for Constitution Day.
- Ask if they would allow you to find local veterans who could come speak in classes or assemblies about why they were willing to die for freedom and the American Constitutional principles. Then contact the local VFW and American Legion about the opportunity.
- Send them links to Constitution Day resources from other states, such as Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kentucky.
- Ask your local school district to ask the state department of education to create a web page for educators with resources for Constitution Day in your state.
- Add comments and photos to this page about what your local school district is doing for Constitution Day and how legislators are responding to your request for CFW